Happy New Year to all of my followers! I hope it is filled with sewing and is glorious for all of you.
I used to always make resolutions until one year when I clearly went completely crazy and decided to give up chocolate for an entire year. I succeeded (right down to the chocolate dust on cappuccinos) but at the end I just wondered why I put myself through all of that. Since then I have never given up anything or made any resolutions at New Year or for Lent.
However, I do like to set myself a few goals and I am hoping my friends and family will help me achieve this year’s goals like they did with last year’s.
- Draft a simple sewing pattern to help beginner sewers get into sewing
- Continue with my blog
- Learn new skills, including biased binding
- Finish knitting a jumper I have started
- Complete my first triathlon
- Cycle the Prudential Ride London 100 miles
- Visit a country I have not been to before
- Continue improving my French (I gave up doing a great podcast for French during marathon training and never started again)
- Re-join the tennis league (see previous excuse)
- And finally…generally just continue having fun with all my friends and family!
Wishing you a prosperous, healthy and happy 2016!